Apply to join the Collective Residency
The Collective Residency is where we support people and their projects while they take root by engaging together in collaborative modes and processes for cultural production.
For a period of one to two years, residents actively engage with our mission and programs while having access to NAVEL’s space, equipment, resources, and network at no cost (more information below).
We are calling for people of all ages (18+) and disciplines with practices that imagine, experiment and actualize alternatives to the status quo to apply to join the Collective Residency.
We are looking for process-oriented artists, activists, writers, designers, programmers, hackers, dancers, body workers, musicians, academics, scientists, educators, thinkers, cultural practitioners, community leaders and organizers, as well as those who don’t fit neatly into these categories, who could benefit from being part of an insightful, driven and caring collective.
In pursuit of a more just, creative, and collaborative world, we are looking for folks who seek to shift from a place of individualism to community-centeredness, and are eager to make kin, and explore transformative ways of being, playing, experimenting, working and taking action together.
June 3 at Midnight: Deadline for submitting your application to the Collective Residency Open Call
June 4-June 16: Collective Residents + Applicants + Staff & Board Voting Period
June 18: Announcement of the elected residents
COLLECTIVE RESIDENCY BENEFITS
As a NAVEL Collective Resident, you have access to the following for a period of 2 years* at NO COST:
- Access to the NAVEL space, resources and technical equipment during open hours* (8am-Midnight)
- Can book the space for private use for free (member rates apply when the booking is commercial in nature or must be secured more than a week in advance)
- Can attend all NAVEL events & programs for free (with some exceptions based on capacity & production cost such as dinners)
- Can apply to be a Collective representative on the NAVEL’s Board of Directors for a term of one year
- Voting rights on the programming committee, Collective board representatives, and future residents
- Access to the Collective Residency local and international network via the spaceos app and a roster of opportunities
- Invitations to Collective Residency private events and activities
- Collective Residency Alumni benefits post-residency****
To receive these benefits, you must agree to dedicate a minimum of 3 hours of volunteer hours/month or 36 total per year.
*After one year, Collective Residents may decide to renew their residency for an additional year or give up their spot in the residency.
**You can consult a list of our technical equipment here.
***Residents can use the space when it is not occupied by private rentals, public programs and other private bookings.
****NAVEL reserves the right to not renew and/or honor alumni benefits if this agreement and/or the community guidelines and/or code of conduct are not respected by the residents over the course of the residency. NAVEL also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the residency. Any proposed changes will be given with advanced notice to Collective Residents.